Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Splurge: Miniloc Island, El Nido Resorts

I am a budget traveller. But every now and then, I get to travel in luxury, thanks to my work.  This trip to El Nido is for our off site planning and we get to spend 3 days in this wonderful destination.  
Cheapest rack rates for 2017, for a cliff cottage for 2 is P32,100 per night for a garden cottage. We got ours on a Fly Free promo so we only have to pay for the rooms and extra person.  The resort offers full board buffet meals, except drinks, and a wide range of complimentary activities including island hopping. 
For me, this trip was really a luxury.  We flew from Terminal 4 of the Domestic Airport on a 48-seater Skyjet plane.  We were given snacks at the waiting lounge of the airport.  Upon arrival in Lio Airport, we boarded a van going to the resort lounge where we were served some light snacks.  Then we boarded a speed boat, before transferring to a bigger boat going to the island that took about 45 minutes.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

How to get a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate

So we are going to Taiwan next week, thanks as usual to Cebu Pacific's seat sale.  There are five of us in the group, and 2 of us can go via the visa-free entry to Taiwan or via the Travel Authorization Certificate (TAC).  
The other 3 applied for e-visa with a fee of N T1,632. Now, getting a TAC is very easy and took no more than 5 minutes.  I have an expired Japan Visa so i qualified under the TAC.  So here's how:

  1. Valid passport (at least six-months validity)
  2. Round trip- ticket
  3. Have never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan
  4. Must have any one of these documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Schengen, US or UK:
      • valid resident or permanent resident card
      • valid entry visa
      • resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to arrival in Taiwan
How to apply:
Just go to this website and follow the instructions: Travel Authorization Certificate 

And you are done! Just print the TAC and remember to check the details.  And don't forget to bring the copy of the visa or documents that you enter during your application of the TAC. Mine is on my expired passport so I am bringing two passports with me.

I will be posting our itinerary soon!