Last January 24 was our Day 1 in Hong Kong. Our flight out of Manila was at 530am, and we arrived in Hong Kong at 740 am. After some picture taking and passing through immigration, we went outside to buy our Octopus card and went outside to the bus terminal going to our hotel in Chungking Mansion. We took the A21 bus, which took around 40 minutes. We have already prepaid our hotel through Agoda. After we deposited our bags (hurray for early check-in) we went out to see some sights in the Tsim Sha Tsui area. We just walked for 15 minutes from our hotel and our stops included Avenue of Stars, Clock Tower, etc.we rode the ferry(you may also use the Octopus card) We had lunch at MX in Central and walked a few more going to the Peak Tram.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Friday, January 20, 2017
|Photo not mine|
Next week, I will be doing a 4D3N Hong Kong-Macau trip with the Superfriends (and then some).We are a group of 10, and all of us are first-timers in Hong Kong. Planning for this trip, here are the ways with which we were able to save:
- We bought our MNL-HK tickets via Cebu Pacific last April 2016. We only paid P999 each,including airport tax of P550 so the fare only came out to P449 each (P299 base fare and P150 web admin fee), without baggage.
- For the Macau-Manila ticket, I bought this July 2016 for MOP678 (around P4200) for 2 pax, while the rest bought Macau-Clark tickets for around P2500 each, without baggage.
- Roughly, I paid only P3,100 round trip, while the rest paid about P3,500 each.
- We bought baggage allowance for 6 out of 10 pax and paid around P5,300.
- For our Ocean Park tickets, we bought it from Asia Travel for P22,500 or P2250 each and saved more than P500 each.
- We also booked our hotel through Agoda for P1,700 per night and paid them last August 2016 (via Citibank installment at 0% interest).
I will share our detailed itinerary after our trip, showing our expenses, so stay tuned!
Friday, January 13, 2017
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
2016 was a great year for travels, both in places and within myself. In January, I bought our first vehicle, which we also lost this year and also visited Mt. Talamitam and Mt Apayang, with side trip to Layong Bilog. In February, we visited the National Museum for the first time. In March, I went to Singapore again for work, and to Regina Rica for the Holy Week. In April, I enrolled in a gym. In May, the whole family went to Boracay and I joined a 10K run where I placed 3rd on the women's division. I also finished my MBa. In June, I climbed Mt. Daraitan with office mates. In July, got a promotion at work. In August, I went again to Bohol for our company's off site planning. In October, I joined my first 21K and had a reunion with my high school classmates. We also went to Ilocos for All Souls Day. In November, I climbed Mt. Sipit Ulang and went to Payaran Falls, and in December, went again to Singapore for work.
I went to places in 2016, but more importantly, I made decisions this year that made me a much stronger person.
I am excited this year because of my new travels (Hong Kong and Macau this month) and hopefully, more work-related travels. But also because of my new found freedom and endless possibilities!